Coal Ash Services is a joint venture between J.F. Brennan Company and Infrastructure Alternatives, Inc.. These two companies have performed many successful, large scale remediation projects together over the past ten years, including:
- Waukegan Harbor Operable Unit 1 Remedial Action, Waukegan, IL
- River Raisin PCB Dredging, Monroe, MI
- East Branch Grand Calumet River Reaches 4A & 4B Remedial Action, East Chicago, IN
- Ottawa River Remediation, Toledo, OH
- West Branch Grand Calumet River and Roxana Marsh Reaches 1 & 2, Hammond, IN
- Ashtabula River Remediation, Ashtabula, OH
These projects together represent 1.3 million cubic yards of contaminated material dredged and dewatered, and over one billion gallons of water treated.
J.F. Brennan Company was named a 2014 Top 15 Hazardous Waste Cleanup Contractor, as measured by Engineering News Record (ENR) magazine, all of which was accomplished through environmental dredging. Brennan has provided ash pond dredging for utility clients such as American Electric Power, Alliant Energy, and Minnesota Power, and has the ability to provide a flexible, customized approach through equipment combinations and environmental expertise to meet the specific needs of each individual site.
Infrastructure Alternatives, Inc. has ash pond dredging and dewatering experience utilizing both geotextile tubes (Geotube® containers) and Total Clean. IAI has filled over 500,000 lineal feet geotextile tubes, dewatered 4.4 million cubic yards, stacked geotextile tubes up to 10 layers, and processed dredge flows up to 5,500 gpm. Our certfied water treatment operators have the highest qualifications in Michigan, Wisconsin and Indiana.